Love and Other Poems
Alex Dimitrov (Author)
'It fizzes like a just-opened bottle of soda. It sprints like the Beatles running through a train station. It talks a mile a minute like a person swept away in the druggy lunacy of a serious crush... There have been moments when, for me, its effervescence has failed to rhyme with the despondency of these days. But far more often, Love and Other Poems has felt like a long-awaited remedy' New York Times Love and Other Poems is full of praise for the world we live in. Taking time as an overarching structure - specifically, the twelve months of the year - Alex Dimitrov elevates the everyday, and speaks directly to the reader as if the poem were a phone call or a text message. From the personal to the cosmos, the moon to New York City, the speaker is convinced that love is 'our best invention'. Dimitrov never resists joy, even in despair. These poems are curious about who we are as people and shamelessly interested in hope.
Also available on eBook for £3.99. Click here to purchase from Rakuten Kobo
About the Author
Alex Dimitrov is the author of Together and by Ourselves, Begging for It, and the online chapbook American Boys. With Dorothea Lasky, he is the co-author of Astro Poets: Your Guides to the Zodiac. He lives in New York City.
- Contributor: Alex Dimitrov
- Imprint: Corsair
- ISBN13: 9781472157188
- Number of Pages: 128
- Packaged Dimensions: 134x214x16mm
- Packaged Weight: 140
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Little, Brown Book Group
- Release Date: 2022-02-01
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Alex Dimitrov is the author of Together and by Ourselves, Begging for It, and the online chapbook American Boys. With Dorothea Lasky, he is the co-author of Astro Poets: Your Guides to the Zodiac. He lives in New York City.