Duncan Mara (Contributor)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
Low-cost sewerage provides practical solutions to the sanitation needs of low-income areas. As a result of the currently very rapid urban population growth, the demand for sewerage exceeds the resources of most high density urban areas in developing countries. Low-cost alternatives to conventional sewerage, such as settled sewerage and simplified sewerage, therefore need to be developed. This book is the result of contributions by both academics and practitioners who attended the International Conference on Low-cost Sewerage which was held at the University of Leeds, England, in July 1995. Low-cost sewerage technologies are described and their applications in both developed and developing countries are detailed.
About the Author
Duncan Mara is a Fellow of the Institution of Civil Engineers, the Institute of Biology, the Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management and the Royal Institute of Public Health.
- Contributor: Duncan Mara
- Imprint: John Wiley & Sons Inc
- ISBN13: 9780471966913
- Number of Pages: 238
- Packaged Dimensions: 169x245x17mm
- Packaged Weight: 425
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Inc
- Release Date: 1996-08-21
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Duncan Mara is a Fellow of the Institution of Civil Engineers, the Institute of Biology, the Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management and the Royal Institute of Public Health.