The SAGE Course Companion on Management Accounting is an accessible introduction to the subject that will help readers extend their understanding of key concepts and enhance their thinking skills in line with course requirements. It provides support on how to revise for exams, how to present calculations and how to prepare for and write assessed pieces. Readers are encouraged not only to think like a management accountant but also to think about the subject critically.
Designed to compliment existing textbooks for the course, the companion provides:
- Easy access to the key themes in Management Accounting and an over view of its business context
- Helpful summaries of the approach taken by the main textbooks on the course
- Guidance on the essential study skills required to pass the course
- Sample exam questions and answers, with common pitfalls to avoid
- A tutor's-eye view of what course examiners are looking for
- A road map for the book to help readers quickly find the information they need
The SAGE Course Companion on Management Accounting is much more than a revision guide for undergraduates; it is an essential tool that will help readers take their course understanding to new levels and achieve success in their undergraduate course.
PART ONE: INTRODUCING YOUR COMPANION PART TWO: CORE AREAS OF THE CURRICULUM Determining Cost Costing Systems Product Mix Investment Budgeting Standard Costing Divisional Performance Special Topics PART THREE: STUDY, WRITING AND REVISION SKILLS How To Get the Most out of Your Lectures - in collaboration with David McIlroy How To Make the Most of Seminars Essay Writing Tips Revision Hints and Tips Tips on Interpreting Essay and Exam Questions Exam Tips