Many Seconds into the Future: Ten Stories (Modern Jewish Literature and Culture)
John J. Clayton (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
The stories in John J. Clayton's newest collection are luminous, expressing a struggle to see growth and meaning in life as much as possible. Nearly all focus on family, and the characters, most of them Jewish, grapple with questions of living, dying, loving and worshipping. Clayton has published several novels, including Mitzvah Man (TTUP, 2011), but he is best known for his critically-acclaimed short fiction, which have been included in O. Henry Prize Stories, Best American Short Stories and Pushcart Prize anthologies. His collection Radiance was a finalist for the National Jewish Book Award. The ten stories in Many Seconds into the Future were written after Clayton's collected stories were published in Wrestling with Angels in 2007. Many of these new stories originally were published in Commentary and some in literary magazines. Some are appearing for the first time. They are masterful stories of spiritual questing, emotional depth and often great humour.
About the Author
John J. Clayton has taught modern literature and fiction writing at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, and has been a visiting professor at Mt. Holyoke College and Hampshire College. He lives in western Massachusetts and Cape Cod.
- Contributor: John J. Clayton
- Imprint: Texas Tech Press,U.S.
- ISBN13: 9780896728592
- Number of Pages: 224
- Packaged Dimensions: 152x229mm
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Texas Tech Press,U.S.
- Release Date: 2014-04-30
- Series: Modern Jewish Literature and Culture
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: John J. Clayton has taught modern literature and fiction writing at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, and has been a visiting professor at Mt. Holyoke College and Hampshire College. He lives in western Massachusetts and Cape Cod.