Reviewed by ISEB's Mathematics editor, Mathematics for Common Entrance 13+ One and Two books cover Common Entrance Levels 1 and 2 and introduce Level 3 for extension work. The content covered exceeds National Curriculum requirements at KS3 and lays the foundations for success at 13+. Book One can be used for Year 7, and Book Two for Year 8. Book Three (Extension) is ideal for Level 3 candidates, and those taking scholarship exams.
- Endorsed by ISEB to ensure full coverage of the Common Entrance 13+ syllabus
- Grasp new concepts easily with clear, concise explanations
- Develop a deeper understanding with worked examples of all topics
- Test understanding with varied and progressive exercises
- Challenge higher ability pupils with extension questions
- Improve exam technique with activities, tips and guidance
Suitable for ISEB 13+ Mathematics Common Entrance exams taken from Autumn 2016 onwards
Serena Alexander has taught Mathematics since 1987, originally in both maintained and independent senior schools. From 1990 she taught at St. Paul's School for Boys, where she was Head of Mathematics at their Preparatory School, Colet Court, before moving first to Newton Prep as Deputy Head and then to Devonshire House as Head. She is now an educational consultant and inspector but still helps to run mathematics conferences for prep school teachers. She has a passion for maths and expects her pupils to feel the same way. After a lesson or two with her, they normally do!