For all Intermediate Microeconomics courses at the undergraduate or graduate level.
Microeconomics has become a market leader because Perloff presents theory in the context of real, data-driven examples, and then develops intuition through his hallmark Solved Problems. Students gain a practical perspective, seeing how models connect to real-world decisions being made in today's firms and policy debates.
The Seventh Edition is substantially updated and modified based on the extremely helpful suggestions of faculty and students who used the first six editions. Every chapter is thoroughly revised and includes new or updated examples and applications.
MyEconLab for Microeconomics is a total learning package for the intermediate microeconomics course. MyEconLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program that truly engages students in learning. It helps students better prepare for class, quizzes, and exams-resulting in better performance in the course-and provides educators a dynamic set of tools for gauging individual and class progress.
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience-for you and your students. Here's how:
Improve Results with MyEconLab: MyEconLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed and provides engaging experiences that personalize learning.
Help Students Review and Apply Concepts: Examples and exercises help students practice and connect to real-world decisions being made today in today's firms and policy debates.
Keep Your Course Current and Relevant: New examples, exercises, and statistics appear throughout the text.
Please note that the product you are purchasing does not include MyEconLab.
Join over 11 million students benefiting from Pearson MyLabs.
This title can be supported by MyEconLab, an online homework and tutorial system designed to test and build your understanding. Would you like to use the power of MyEconLab to accelerate your learning? You need both an access card and a course ID to access MyEconLab.
These are the steps you need to take:
1. Make sure that your lecturer is already using the system
Ask your lecturer before purchasing a MyLab product as you will need a course ID from them before you can gain access to the system.
2. Check whether an access card has been included with the book at a reduced cost
If it has, it will be on the inside back cover of the book.
3. If you have a course ID but no access code, you can benefit from MyEconLab at a reduced price by purchasing a pack containing a copy of the book and an access code for MyEconLab (ISBN:9781292071732)
4. If your lecturer is using the MyLab and you would like to purchase the product...
Go to www.myeconlab.com to buy access to this interactive study programme.
For educator access, contact your Pearson representative. To find out who your Pearson representative is, visit www.pearsoned.co.uk/replocator
1. Introduction 2. Supply and Demand 3. Applying the Supply-and-Demand Model 4. Consumer Choice 5. Applying Consumer Theory 6. Firms and Production 7. Costs 8. Competitive Firms sand Markets 9. Applying the Competitive Model 10. General Equilibrium and Economic Welfare 11. Monopoly 12. Pricing and Advertising 13. Oligopoly and Monopolistic Competition 14. Game Theory 15. Factor Markets 16. Interest rates, Investments, and Capital Markets 17. Uncertainty 18. Externalities, Open-Access, and Public Goods 19. Asymmetric Information 20. Contracts and Moral Hazards