#1 New York Times bestseller Milk and Honey is a collection of poetry and prose about survival. About the experience of violence, abuse, love, loss, and femininity.
The book is divided into four chapters, and each chapter serves a different purpose. Deals with a different pain. Heals a different heartache. Milk and Honey takes readers through a journey of the most bitter moments in life and finds sweetness in them because there is sweetness everywhere if you are just willing to look.
* Self-published edition sold 10,000 copies in nine months in the US, and over 1400 copies through UK Bookscan.
* Over 1.5million copies sold worldwide.
* AMP edition has now sold over 71,000 copies through UK Bookscan (June 2017), and is the bestselling Poetry book in 2017 in the UK.
* As of July 2017, Milk and Honey was the bestselling title in the US - across all categories.
* Rupi has 1.3m Instagram followers; 130K twitter followers; and 346K Facebook fans.
* Strong appeal for fans of Lang Laev, author of Love & Misadventure and Lullabies.
* Rights have been sold in over 20 languages worldwide
When she was five, her mother handed her a paintbrush and said, "draw your heart out." Rupi Kaur views her life as an exploration of that artistic journey. Through her poetry and illustrations, she engages with love, loss, trauma, healing, and femininity. For Rupi, writing has always been a collective experience. At the age of seventeen she began sharing her work. The stage was her first love and spoken word is where she found her voice. Rupi pursued her love for language by studying rhetoric at the University of Waterloo. She began working on her first collection milk and honey, which eventually became a New York Times bestseller. Rupi's passion is expression. For her that expression takes many forms. Her photography and art direction are brought to various spaces around the world and her poetry and prose are breaking international boundaries.