Moby Dick: (Collins Classics)
Herman Melville (Author)
Few literary masterpieces cast quite as awesome a shadow as Herman Melville's Moby Dick. Captain Ahab's quest for the white whale is a timeless epic - a thrilling tale of vengeance and obsession, and a searing parable about humanity lost in a universe of moral ambiguity. Inspired by true events, Moby Dick is a work of astonishing psychological depth. It is perhaps the greatest sea story ever told and one of the great classics of literature. 'Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee...'
About the Author
Herman Melville was an American novelist, essayist, short story writer and poet. Moby Dick is his most notable work, and is regarded as a masterpiece of American literature.
- Contributor: Herman Melville
- Imprint: William Collins
- ISBN13: 9780008182205
- Number of Pages: 608
- Packaged Dimensions: 129x198x38mm
- Packaged Weight: 420
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
- Release Date: 2016-04-07
- Series: Collins Classics
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Herman Melville was an American novelist, essayist, short story writer and poet. Moby Dick is his most notable work, and is regarded as a masterpiece of American literature.