Experienced Footprint author Chris Moran (co-author of Mountain Biking Europe and Snowboarding the World) brings you the fully revised & updated guide to mountain bike riding in Britain. Mountain Biking Britain takes you cross-country, scoping the best trail centres from Golspie and the Kyle of Sutherland trails in the north of Scotland, down through the Seven Staines in Scotland and all the way through to the Mineral Tramways Project in Cornwall. Featuring the most picturesque rides in South Wales, where to find the best northshore rides and the top bikeparks of England. Whether you prefer downhill, XC (cross-country), or freestyle/freeriding, this definitive guide ensures there's something for everyone.
- Detailed coverage of the UK's high profile centres
- All the essentials: top tips, local media and websites, the scene, secret spots and must-sees
- The best rider-friendly places to eat, sleep and drink
- 'Riders tales' sections include lots of hints and tips from pro-riders and experts in the mountain-biking scene
Chris has been riding since the sport first arrived in the country, is generally considered to be one of the early pioneers of professional snowboarding in the UK, and is one the most successful British riders to date, with several British championship titles to his name. Chris is also a keen mountain biker and has co-authored Mountain Biking Europe with championship rider Rowan Sorrell. Chris then spent most of 2008 trawling Britain to write Mountain Biking Britain. Chris formed the ACM Writing Group with Matt Barr and Ewan Wallace, providing specialist and mainstream media titles with boardsports and travel journalism.
1) Essentials 2) Southwest England 3) London & Southeast England 4) The Midlands 5) The North 6) Wales 7) Southern Scotland 8) Central & Northern Scotland