Murder Underground: (British Library Crime Classics)
Mavis Doriel Hay (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 2 weeks
'This detective novel is much more than interesting. The numerous characters are well differentiated, and include one of the most feckless, exasperating and lifelike literary men that ever confused a trail.' Dorothy L. Sayers, Sunday Times, 1934 When Miss Pongleton is found murdered on the stairs of Belsize Park station, her fellow-boarders in the Frampton Hotel are not overwhelmed with grief at the death of a tiresome old woman. But they all have their theories about the identity of the murderer, and help to unravel the mystery of who killed the wealthy 'Pongle'. Several of her fellow residents - even Tuppy the terrier - have a part to play in the events that lead to a dramatic arrest. This classic mystery novel is set in and around the Northern Line of the London Underground. It is now republished for the first time since the 1930s.
About the Author
Mavis Doriel Hay (1894 - 1979) was a novelist of the golden age of British crime fiction. Her three novels - of which Murder Underground was the first - were published in the 1930s and are now very rare. The British Library republished The Santa Klaus Murder in 2013.
- Contributor: Mavis Doriel Hay
- Imprint: The British Library Publishing Division
- ISBN13: 9780712357258
- Number of Pages: 288
- Packaged Dimensions: 132x190mm
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: British Library Publishing
- Release Date: 2014-04-04
- Series: British Library Crime Classics
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Mavis Doriel Hay (1894 - 1979) was a novelist of the golden age of British crime fiction. Her three novels - of which Murder Underground was the first - were published in the 1930s and are now very rare. The British Library republished The Santa Klaus Murder in 2013.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.