The book is written in a journal format that helps readers relate to the struggles and feelings of the main character. It provides information about different strategies that young people can use to cope with their feelings and stress instead of emotional eating; deals with the real-life issues that overweight children face (their inner struggles as well as difficulties with peers and others); and, includes tips for parents and professionals. The book is written by a practicing school counselor who could not find a suitable book for her clients. full-colour illustrations
About the Author
Lynn R. Schechter, PhD, is a school psychologist who has been counseling children for 12 years. Many of her clients have been or are overweight. She wrote this book for girls like her clients.
- Contributor: Lynn R. Schechter
- Imprint: Magination Press, (American Psychological Association)
- ISBN13: 9781433805417
- Number of Pages: 64
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: American Psychological Association
- Release Date: 2009-10-30
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Lynn R. Schechter, PhD, is a school psychologist who has been counseling children for 12 years. Many of her clients have been or are overweight. She wrote this book for girls like her clients.