My Past Is a Foreign Country: A Muslim feminist finds herself
Zeba Talkhani (Author)
'A brave new voice that reaches out to us all' Miranda Doyle, author of A Book of Untruths 28-year-old Zeba Talkhani charts her experiences growing up in Saudi Arabia amid patriarchal customs reminiscent of The Handmaid's Tale, and her journey to find freedom in India, Germany and the UK. Talkhani offers a fresh perspective on living as an outsider and examines her relationship with her mother and the challenges she faced when she experienced hair loss at a young age. Rejecting the traditional path her culture had chosen for her, Talkhani became financially independent and married on her own terms in the UK. Drawing on her personal experiences Talkhani shows how she fought for the right to her individuality as a Muslim feminist and refused to let negative experiences define her.
Also available on eBook for £2.99. Click here to purchase from Rakuten Kobo
About the Author
Zeba Talkhani has written for the Saudi Gazette, The Manipal Journal, gal-dem, Wasafiri and the Nasty Women anthology. She works in publishing and is a passionate advocate for BAME voices in the publishing industry. She was born in Sirsi, South India, in 1991. She currently lives in London.
- Contributor: Zeba Talkhani
- Imprint: Sceptre
- ISBN13: 9781473684058
- Number of Pages: 208
- Packaged Dimensions: 128x198x16mm
- Packaged Weight: 148
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Hodder & Stoughton
- Release Date: 2020-02-06
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Zeba Talkhani has written for the Saudi Gazette, The Manipal Journal, gal-dem, Wasafiri and the Nasty Women anthology. She works in publishing and is a passionate advocate for BAME voices in the publishing industry. She was born in Sirsi, South India, in 1991. She currently lives in London.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.