Nano- and Microfabrication for Industrial and Biomedical Applications, Second Edition, focuses on the industrial perspective on micro- and nanofabrication methods, including large-scale manufacturing, the transfer of concepts from lab to factory, process tolerance, yield, robustness, and cost.
The book gives a history of miniaturization and micro- and nanofabrication, and surveys industrial fields of application, illustrating fabrication processes of relevant micro and nano devices. In this second edition, a new focus area is nanoengineering as an important driver for the rise of novel applications by integrating bio-nanofabrication into microsystems. In addition, new material covers lithographic mould fabrication for soft-lithography, nanolithography techniques, corner lithography, advances in nanosensing, and the developing field of advanced functional materials.
Luttge also explores the view that micro- and nanofabrication will be the key driver for a "tech-revolution" in biology and medical research that includes a new case study that covers the developing organ-on-chip concept.
- Presents an interdisciplinary approach that makes micro/nanofabrication accessible equally to engineers and those with a life science background, both in academic settings and commercial R&D
- Provides readers with guidelines for assessing the commercial potential of any new technology based on micro/nanofabrication, thus reducing the investment risk
- Updated edition presents nanoengineering as an important driver for the rise of novel applications by integrating bio-nanofabrication into microsystems
- publication date: 12/06/2016
- ID: 9780323389280
- series: Micro and Nano Technologies
- book language: en
- publisher: Elsevier Science
- publisher imprint: William Andrew
- Desktop Epub DRM Yes
- Ereader Epub DRM Yes
- Android Epub DRM Yes
- IOS Epub DRM Yes
- Windows Epub DRM Yes