Exam Board: SQA
Subject: Modern Studies
The National 4 & 5 Modern Studies Course Notes provide comprehensive guidance for the entire CfE programme. Course Notes give a practical, supportive approach to help deliver the new curriculum and offer an appropriate blend of sound teaching and learning with exam and assessment guidance.
Progress and attainment for all
* A complete core resource covering Democracy in Scotland and the United Kingdom, Crime and the Law and the international issue of Terrorism
* Outcome and Assessment Standards are fully covered
* `Questions' and `Activities' provide opportunities to apply knowledge and put skills to work
* `Learning checklists' enable students to monitor progress regularly
* `Make the link' features encourage broader thinking between and across subjects
* `Hints' and `Think points' give helpful tips and develop critical thinking skills
* `Case studies' explore how issues studied have an impact on real-life people and events
Assessment and practice you can rely on
* Detailed `Assessment' section covers all the skills students will need to succeed.