This is the premier Guide to Professional Writing in the naval services and has been the standard guide for writing in the naval services for almost two decades.
Features of the new edition:
* New edition is has been updated and revised.
* Contains a new chapter on"Writing Naval Emails" based on interviews with naval professionals, and also based on the best civilian guidance
* Guides readers on the use of naval emails and the internet in relation to all manner of naval documents.
* Explores"do's" and "don'ts" on writing emails, and on use of computer aids to writing in the modern Navy and Marine Corps.
* Based on interviews with dozens of knowledgeable naval professionals (Navy and Marine Corps officers, enlisted men and women; civilians working with the naval services) about current procedures.
* Consulted with writing experts at several naval schools, from the Naval Academy to Flag Writers School.
* Examined current and recent naval documents of all kinds.
* Provided current examples of good documents by many naval experts.
* Added up-to-date examples throughout the text.
Robert Shenk is a Professor of English at the University of New Orleans who taught English at the U.S. Naval Academy and U.S. Air Force Academy and saw duty in the Vietnam War as a naval reserve officer. He retired as a Captain in 1993.