Negotiating Cultures: Eugenio Barba and the Intercultural Debate (Theatre: Theory - Practice - Performance)
Ian Watson (Contributor)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
Eugenio Barba is one of the world's leading theatre artists and theorists working across cultures. Examines three major strands of Barba's work; his research at the International School of Theatre Anthropology, his use of performance as a means of exchange, and his ongoing relationship with Latin America. The artists who write and are interviewed in the book provide an invaluable insight into Barba's work methods, his relationship with performers from different cultures, and the ramifications of his research in a variety of performance forms. Concludes with a dialogue between Barba and Ian Watson. -- . Illustrations, black & white|Line drawings, unspecified
About the Author
Ian Watson is Deputy Chair of the Department of Visual and Performing Arts as well as Coordinator of the Theatre and Television Programs at Rutgers University-Newark -- .
- Contributor: Ian Watson
- Imprint: Manchester University Press
- ISBN13: 9780719061707
- Number of Pages: 296
- Packaged Dimensions: 138x216mm
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Manchester University Press
- Release Date: 2002-06-27
- Series: Theatre: Theory - Practice - Performance
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Ian Watson is Deputy Chair of the Department of Visual and Performing Arts as well as Coordinator of the Theatre and Television Programs at Rutgers University-Newark -- .
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.