Helping pupils to practise and build upon logical reasoning skills, this book of Non-Verbal Reasoning assessment papers offers clear assessment testing by level, and includes advice from teachers on how best to use the tests in order to move up to the next level.
Non-verbal reasoning assesses a child's ability to see patterns and relationships, independent of language or prior learning. Eight tests will help assess and build aptitude in problem solving and processing visual information, which underpins learning in subjects like maths, science and design technology. Children are encouraged to practise and build the logical reasoning skills that are commonly assessed in entrance exams.
* Builds 11+ skills
* Is helpful for children who may have specific difficulties with literacy or for whom English is an additional language
* Provides a clear indication of a child's ability to identify and work successfully with abstract concepts
* Includes a progress grid that helps children track their own progress
*Includes a pull-out answer booklet
* Includes test questions that assess a child's problem solving skills and their ability to work with abstract concepts
* Guidance from experienced teachers of getting the best out of test practice