This second edition of the book, Nonlinear Random Vibration: Analytical Techniques and Applications, expands on the original edition with additional detailed steps in various places in the text. It is a first systematic presentation on the subject. Its features include:
* a concise treatment of Markovian and non- Markovian solutions of nonlinear stochastic differential equations,
* exact solutions of Fokker-Planck-Kolmogorov equations,
* methods of statistical linearization,
* statistical nonlinearization techniques,
* methods of stochastic averaging,
* truncated hierarchy techniques, and
* an appendix on probability theory.
A special feature is its incorporation of detailed steps in many examples of engineering applications.
Targeted audience: Graduates, research scientists and engineers in mechanical, aerospace, civil and environmental (earthquake, wind and transportation), automobile, naval, architectural, and mining engineering.