Not a Happy Family: Richard & Judy Book Club Pick April 2022
Perfect for fans of knives out, comes Sunday Time Bestseller from Shari Lapena that will keep you guessing until the very end.
Fred and Sheila Merton a wealthy couple who live in the quiet, wealthy enclave of Brecken Hill are brutally murdered mere hours after an Easter family dinner with their three adult children. They, as you would expect, are all devastated - or are they?
It's no secret that their children hate the guts of them, each for their own reasons. Their father is vindictive and takes pleasure in tormenting them and their mother is neglectful and looks the other way while they are browbeaten.
On the evening of the family dinner their father declares he has an announcement to make, one that makes all of them leave in disgust - including the part-time housekeeper and former nanny Irena, who sticks up for them. Could one of them be the culprit? Or are there other powers at play?
Shari will keep you guessing in this dark, tense, and satisfying murder mystery. A must-read for fans of epic modern crime.
About the Author
- Contributor: Shari Lapena
- Imprint: Penguin (Transworld)
- ISBN13: 9780552177047
- Number of Pages: 448
- Packaged Dimensions: 127x198x27mm
- Packaged Weight: 293
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Transworld Publishers Ltd
- Release Date: 2022-04-28
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Shari Lapena is the internationally bestselling author of the thrillers The Couple Next Door, A Stranger in the House, An Unwanted Guest, Someone We Know, The End of Her, and Not a Happy Family, which have all been New York Times and The Sunday Times (London) bestsellers. Her books have been sold in thirty-seven territories around the world. She lives in Toronto. Facebook: ShariLapenaTwitter: @sharilapena