Want to write iOS apps or desktop Mac applications? This introduction to programming and the Objective-C language is your first step on the journey from someone who uses apps to someone who writes them.
Based on Big Nerd Ranch's popular Objective-C Bootcamp, Objective-C Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide covers C, Objective-C, and the common programming idioms that enable developers to make the most of Apple technologies. Compatible with Xcode 5, iOS 7, and OS X Mavericks (10.9), this guide features short chapters and an engaging style to keep you motivated and moving forward. At the same time, it encourages you to think critically as a programmer.
Here are some of the topics covered:
- Using Xcode, Apple’s documentation, and other tools
- Programming basics: variables, loops, functions, etc.
- Objects, classes, methods, and messages
- Pointers, addresses, and memory management with ARC
- Properties and Key-Value Coding (KVC)
- Class extensions
- Classes from the Foundation framework
- Delegation, target-action, and notification design patterns
- Key-Value Observing (KVO)
- Runtime basics
- publication date: 30/03/2015
- ID: 9780133491906
- series: Big Nerd Ranch Guides
- book language: en
- publisher: Pearson Education
- publisher imprint: Big Nerd Ranch Guides
- Android Epub DRM Yes
- Ereader Epub DRM Yes
- Desktop Epub DRM Yes
- IOS Epub DRM Yes
- Windows Epub DRM Yes