On This Day: The Armenian Church Synaxarion-January (Eastern Christian Texts)
Edward G. Mathews Jr. (Contributor)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
The Armenian Church Synaxarion is a collection of saints' lives organized by the day of the year on which each saint is celebrated. Part of the Armenian liturgical tradition from the turn of the first millennium, the first Armenian Church Synaxarion represented the culmination of a long and steady development of what is today called the cult of the saints. This Armenian-English edition is the first of a twelve-volume series - one for each month of the year - and is ideal for personal devotional use or as a valuable resource for anyone interested in saints.
About the Author
Edward G. Mathews Jr. has taught at many universities and seminaries, including the Catholic University of America and St. Nersess Armenian Seminary. He is the author of multiple books.
- Contributor: Edward G. Mathews Jr.
- Imprint: Brigham Young University Press
- ISBN13: 9780842528641
- Number of Pages: 304
- Packaged Dimensions: 16x24x3mm
- Packaged Weight: 624
- Format: Hardback
- Publisher: Brigham Young University Press
- Release Date: 2015-03-17
- Series: Eastern Christian Texts
- Binding: Hardback
- Biography: Edward G. Mathews Jr. has taught at many universities and seminaries, including the Catholic University of America and St. Nersess Armenian Seminary. He is the author of multiple books.