- Business, Finance and Law
- Business and Management
- Management By Business Function
- Purchasing and Supply Management
"On Time-In Full" is an important work. Tim McLean provides an easy to follow practical approach to building a highly performing supply chain"
-Drew Locher, Shingo Prize Winning Author and Lean Thinker
The most fundamental requirement for a manufacturing or distribution business is to deliver to customers what they want, in the quantity they want, when they want it. It doesn’t matter how good your product is, how much the customer likes your salesperson, how slick your marketing campaign is: If your customers can’t get what they want when they want it, they will get it elsewhere, and your business will be in serious trouble.
On Time in Full: Achieving Perfect Delivery with Lean Thinking in Purchasing, Supply Chain and Production Planning is a step-by-step practical guide to designing a Lean Supply Chain that will deliver what your customers need, when they need it, every time.
Timothy McLean shares his three decades of Lean supply chain experience -- In simple straightforward language, he explores the reasons why supply chains fail to deliver and what you can do about it. On Time In Full includes practical guidance for tackling the big issues affecting supply chains including:
- How to understand your extended supply chain with a value stream map
- The role of forecasting in your supply chain and how to get a meaningful forecast
- Calculating the right level of inventory for your business
- Scheduling daily production to meet demand
- Managing suppliers and your supply chain at home and internationally
- Selecting and making the best use out of an ERP system
- Designing an efficient distribution network
The book is full of practical case studies and examples as well as references for further study. On Time, In Full is the complete guide to setting up a supply chain that works.
- publication date: 21/04/2017
- ID: 9781351650137
- book language: en
- publisher: Taylor and Francis
- publisher imprint: Productivity Press
- Desktop Epub DRM Yes
- Ereader Epub DRM Yes
- Android Epub DRM Yes
- IOS Epub DRM Yes
- Windows Epub DRM Yes