Effectively managing people, facilities, and partnerships can make or break an institution. Museum operations encompasses responsibility for the maintenance of your structure, the safety of your visitors, and the security of your staff and collections. This behind-the-scenes administrative effort is rarely what calls people to work in museums, but good organizational management keeps your institution functioning smoothly. This book examines how to find and work well with all the people who can contribute daily to the museum: paid staff, volunteers, and interns. It also provides many organizational resources such as an outline for an operations policy manual, sample job descriptions, and a sample partnership agreement.
About the Author
Cinnamon Catlin-Legutko is chief executive officer at the Abbe Museum in Bar Harbor, Maine. Stacy Klingler is assistant director of Local History Services at the Indiana Historical Society.
- Contributor: Cinnamon Catlin-Legutko
- Imprint: AltaMira Press,U.S.
- ISBN13: 9780759113374
- Number of Pages: 156
- Packaged Dimensions: 152x229mm
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: AltaMira Press,U.S.
- Release Date: 2013-04-16
- Series: Small Museum Toolkit
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Cinnamon Catlin-Legutko is chief executive officer at the Abbe Museum in Bar Harbor, Maine. Stacy Klingler is assistant director of Local History Services at the Indiana Historical Society.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.