Electronic Inspection Copy available for instructors here
Organizing and Organizations is well loved by students and lecturers for its accessible, conversational tone and insightful real-life examples introducing the study of organizations and organizational behaviour. Fineman, Gabriel and Sims, eminent academics in the field, cover a wealth of key concepts, research and literature leaving students informed and engaged.
The Fourth Edition builds on the strengths of previous editions, to provide you with a textbook that continues to stand out from the rest. This new edition has been fully developed to include:
- New chapters on Influence and Power, and Innovation and Change.
- A new section within each chapter that highlights the theoretical links informing the chapters.
- New review questions to test and apply your understanding of the ideas in each chapter.
- New 'reading on' sections that direct you to free links to highly recommended journal articles relating to each chapter's coverage, and found on the companion website.
- New critical review questions at the end of each chapter to encourage debate.
- Each chapter is now enlivened with pictorial illustrations.
- A fully updated glossary of key concepts in the study of organizations
Organizing and Organizations integrates a strong critical approach throughout.
Visit the Companion Website at www.sagepub.co.uk/fineman
Stephen Fineman is Professor of Organizational Behaviour, School of Management, University of Bath CONTRIBUTORS' AFFILIATIONS OUTSIDE NORTH AMERICA: Gillian Bendelow University of Warwick Karen P Harlos University of Otago, Dunedin Avraham N Kluger The Hebrew University of Jerusalem Berry Mayall University of London Anat Rafaeli Faculty of Industrial Engineering and Management, Technion, Haifa Varda Wasserman The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Introduction Entering and Leaving Lifelong Learning Motives and Motivating Rules Are Rules Buildings and Organizing Leading Politics and Deals Influence and Power Us and Them Being Different? Morals Greening Machines and Routines Innovation and Change Feelings Sex Serious Joking Virtuality Career Shifts Producing and Consuming Working and Living Learning and Organizing in Uncertain Times