Patient Assessment In Pharmacy: A Culturally Competent Approach
By: Yolanda M. Hardy (author)Hardback
Up to 2 WeeksUsually despatched within 2 weeks
Patient Assessment in Pharmacy: A Culturally Competent Approach thoroughly prepares pharmacy students to assess patients from a variety of cultural and ethnic groups in a culturally appropriate manner. Featuring a practical approach, this essential resource begins by establishing the importance of culturally competent care as well as the process for conducting a patient history and interview. Later chapters focus on specific organ systems and discuss common medical conditions that a pharmacist may encounter, with an emphasis on medical conditions that may have a higher incidence in certain cultural groups. Each chapter includes a review of the clinical presentation of disease, questions to ask during the patient interview, and physical assessment techniques used to further assess the disease state.
* Focuses on assessment skills relevant to the practice of pharmacy
* Addresses key issues such as cultural health disparities and clinical presentation of conditions in various cultural and ethnic groups.
* Includes full-color photos depicting how conditions present for different groups
* Features chapters organized by body systems
* Includes culturally competent interview and physical examination techniques that can be used with any patient, regardless of background
* Provides a handy guide for student education and an excellent resource for rotation sites
Each new print copy includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks a complete eBook, Study Center, homework and Assessment Center, and a dashboard that reports actionable data.
Number Of Pages:
- ID: 9781284025743
- Saver Delivery: Yes
- 1st Class Delivery: Yes
- Courier Delivery: Yes
- Store Delivery: Yes
Prices are for internet purchases only. Prices and availability in WHSmith Stores may vary significantly
© Copyright 2013 - 2018 WHSmith and its suppliers.
WHSmith High Street Limited Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom, SN3 3LD, VAT GB238 5548 36