People with Purpose: How Great Leaders Use Purpose to Build Thriving Organizations
By: Kevin Murray (author)Paperback
This book is about how great leaders can make purpose the beating heart of their organization and use it to power performance. Leaders who communicate a defined mission, alongside clear and genuine values, allow their employees to feel a sense of purpose in their roles and embody their company's vision. This inspires engagement, loyalty and higher performance. People with Purpose brings together a wide range of compelling research into how having a clearly defined purpose as part of business strategy is a vital element in business success, longevity and inspired teams.
People with Purpose shows leaders how to create a valuable framework that integrates purpose, values and goals on a single page in order to articulate their organization's unique vision to employees and stakeholders. Kevin Murray interviews top CEOs who have used purpose to transform performance, motivate their people, develop organizational resilience and deliver results - often from the very edge of disaster. These leaders share how they have articulated their purpose, their values and their goals. People with Purpose also looks at the work of neuroscientists, brings together the evidence from around the world that proves purpose powers performance, and shows why purpose matters more in a digitally connected and transparent world. More than 30 case studies are explored from exclusive interviews with leaders from a range of organizations, including Odeon and UCI Cinemas, Healthcare at Home, Yodel, Moss Bros and Virgin Atlantic.
Kevin Murray specializes in strategic communications, reputation management and leadership coaching. He has almost 40 years' experience in communications, including appointments as Director of Communications of British Airways, Director of Corporate Affairs at the UK Atomic Energy Authority, and Chairman of the biggest public relations and communications group in the UK for more than 15 years. He is also author of The Language of Leaders and Communicate to Inspire, both shortlisted for the CMI Management Book of the Year Awards in 2013 and 2014 respectively, and published in multiple languages around the world.
- Section - ONE: Why Purpose is Central to Performance;
- Chapter - 01: Effective Leadership - It's All in the Mind;
- Chapter - 02: The Purpose Movement - A Growing Global Conversation;
- Chapter - 03: Purpose and Employee Engagement: Why Giving Employees a Greater Sense of Purpose is Every Leader's Job;
- Chapter - 04: How Purpose Powers Better Results... and the Leadership Behaviours That Do Most to Unlock Discretionary Effort From Employees;
- Chapter - 05: The Value of Values - How Culture Contributes to a Sense of Purpose and to Better Results;
- Chapter - 06: Measuring the Value of Purpose - Meeting the Needs of Customers and, In So Doing, Creating Long-Term Value For All Stakeholders;
- Section - TWO: People With Purpose - How Leaders Use Purpose in Their Own Organizations;
- Chapter - 07: From Surviving to Thriving - The Importance of a Long-Term Vision;
- Chapter - 08: Authentic Purpose - Start With the Customer to Truly Engage With People Inside and Outside Your Organization;
- Chapter - 09: Culture is Your Competitive Edge - How Leaders Align Purpose and Values to Create Winning Teams;
- Chapter - 10: A Framework For Success - How Leaders Create Alignment By Putting Purpose, Values, Vision and Goals on a Single Page;
- Chapter - 11: Purposeful Conversations - How Leaders Embed Their Vision and Values and Align Their Organizations;
- Section - THREE: Leading With Purpose - What You Need to Do;
- Chapter - 12: Define Your Own Purpose - You Can't Inspire Your Team If You Are Not Inspired Yourself;
- Chapter - 13: The Purpose Framework - How to Create the Tool That Gives Everyone in Your Team a Sense of Purpose
Number Of Pages:
- ID: 9780749476953
- Saver Delivery: Yes
- 1st Class Delivery: Yes
- Courier Delivery: Yes
- Store Delivery: Yes
Prices are for internet purchases only. Prices and availability in WHSmith Stores may vary significantly
© Copyright 2013 - 2018 WHSmith and its suppliers.
WHSmith High Street Limited Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom, SN3 3LD, VAT GB238 5548 36