Written for the introductory or foundation course, the Eighth Edition of Physical Education, Exercise and Sport Science in a Changing Society provides a modern, comprehensive, and balanced introduction to the fields of physical education, exercise science and sport science. The eighth edition details the latest data and technologies, and outlines the varied elements, origins, and developments of these related disciplines. It identifies the conflicts existing in the field, along with discussions related to what the degree should be called, as well as the names of the departments. The text also examines the history, the current state, as well as the expected future issues and trends in physical education.
The text is organized in an easy-to-follow format, first defining the profession of exercise sciences and sports, followed by an overview of the disciplines that study the cultural, social, and scientific foundations of this field. In later chapters, it builds upon that foundation and examines career development and job opportunities, looking at the traditional fields of teaching and coaching, the expanding career options of sport management, and the new world of the technological workplace.
* Chapter 1, What is our Field?, provides a modern look at the discipline of physical education
* Chapter 14, Current Issues in American Exercise Science and Sport, includes new sections on digital technologies, online education, and digital media which further explore the changes in physical education, exercise science, and sport science
* Provides the latest data and statistics on the major health crisis of childhood obesity
* LMS-ready Test Bank containing over 150 questions with page references
* PowerPoint Lecture Slides, organized by chapter for ease of use, and highly illustrated and editable
* Instructor's Manual
The Navigate Companion Website includes a wealth of study aids and learning tools to help students get the most out of their course. Resources include:
* Practice Activities
* Interactive Glossary
* Crossword Puzzles