Postmodern Racial Dialectics: Philosophy Beyond the Pale
Richard A. Jones (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
Postmodern Racial Dialectics is a collection of ten essays on African American philosophy. Addressing issues as disparate as why there are no graduate programs in philosophy at the more than one hundred traditionally black colleges and universities in the U.S.-to conceptions of Black utopianism-to the nature of postmodern revolutions, these essays are beyond the bounds of traditional racial discourse. The essays are dialectical in the sense that they are conversations between personal histories, between ideologies, and between changing ways that the races talk to one another. The book is postmodern in that it is beyond modernity's linear logic. Postmodern Racial Dialectics is also a political entreaty for African Americans to be wary of conventional ways of thinking, and to begin thinking transgressively beyond narrowly prescribed conceptions from both sides of the color line. Illustrations, unspecified; Tables
About the Author
Richard A. Jones taught philosophy at Howard University in Washington, D.C. He served as Co-Coordinator of the Radical Philosophy Association and was an associate editor of the Radical Philosophy Review. Jones is also the author of The Black Book: Wittgenstein and Race.
- Contributor: Richard A. Jones
- Imprint: University Press of America
- ISBN13: 9780761866800
- Number of Pages: 276
- Packaged Dimensions: 161x236x27mm
- Packaged Weight: 585
- Format: Hardback
- Publisher: University Press of America
- Release Date: 2015-12-07
- Binding: Hardback
- Biography: Richard A. Jones taught philosophy at Howard University in Washington, D.C. He served as Co-Coordinator of the Radical Philosophy Association and was an associate editor of the Radical Philosophy Review. Jones is also the author of The Black Book: Wittgenstein and Race.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.