This Teacher Guide is a planning and teaching support manual for delivering the early level numeracy and mathematics Curriculum for Excellence. It is a flexible resource which can be used alongside teachers' existing planning, resources and scheme of work. It is the first Teacher Guide for Scotland completely aligned to the benchmarks.
* Provides lots of support for planning and delivering the early level curriculum
* Packed with creative ideas for numeracy stations and numerate play as well as group and whole-class work
* Supports teachers' own CPD, with lots of information about teaching for mastery, using the concept, pictorial, abstract approach, and ensuring conceptual understanding alongside procedural fluency
* Guidance on questioning and observing assists teachers to make judgements about pupils' achievement
* Identifies potential misconceptions and how to address them
* Helps teachers save time with resource lists and key vocabulary
* Clear layout for teachers to dip in and out and quickly reference content they need