DescriptionSnow, gravel, tarmac: today?s rally car has to be capable of coping with a huge variety of terrain. Where racecars are engineered to exploit the billiard table smooth surfaces of today?s racetracks, the rally car has to be far more versatile. It has to cope with some of the most demanding environments in motorsport and to endure not hours but days of gruelling competition. Rally Race Technology opens up this fascinating world of engineering for a global sport that makes demands like no other. Never has the rally car been more deeply analysed as we provide a unique insight into a world where the engineering is nothing if not radical. Contents to include:Intro: THE EDITOR - Rallying?s unpredictable nature, and its scope for innovation, make this a superb time for engineers in the sportGrid: IN THE NEWS - We look in detail at developments in inerters, and more?In Conversation: DAVID LAPWORTH - Prodrive?s technical director tells Lawrence Butcher that while some approaches to rally car engineering have changed over the years, the basics remain the sameDossier: PRODRIVE MEGANE WRX - Lawrence Butcher reports on the approach to developing this innovative, clean-sheet rallycross contender for privateers2018 WRC TECHNICAL REVIEW - The technical directors of Citroen, Toyota, Hyundai and M-Sport tell Lawrence Butcher about their development priorities during 2018Digest: POLO GTI R5 - Lawrence Butcher finds out how VW Motorsport grappled with the regulations to develop an R5 version of its PoloInsight: COMPOSITES IN RALLYING - How do rally car builders choose which composite materials to useLawrence Butcher explainsFocus: CHASSIS DESIGN - Peter Donaldson gets the low-down on the stages of designing and developing a rally car chassisInsight: SENSOR TECHNOLOGY - Lawrence Butcher explains some of the sensor technologies used in a few key areas of a modern rally carAppendix - We explain the make-up of the various rallying and rallycross classes and how a typical rally is runSupplier directory - Our listing of the companies providing products and services to the offroad racing communityPS: THE SOVIET PORSCHE - Although the Porsche 959 was never seriously campaigned in the WRC its DNA lived on ? in a Lada
About This Subscription
What Will I Receive?
• Please note that this magazine subscription is delivered directly to your chosen address by the publisher, and does not come in a gift pack
• Your subscription will usually start with the next available issue and will not be the current issue that is available in the shops at the time of order.
When Will I Start Receiving My Subscription?
• As soon as you place your order we will take payment from you, email you a summary of your order and, pass your order to the relevant magazine publisher.
• Once the publisher has confirmed the order (this may take up to 10 days) we will email you confirmation of this, along with delivery estimates for your 1st issue.
As a guide (for UK Publications), please allow:
• 3-5 weeks for Weekly publications
• 5-9 weeks for Monthly publications
• 13 weeks for Bi-monthly and Quarterly Publications.
Orders for magazines printed outside of the UK may take an additional 2-3 weeks.