Raymond Williams's Sociology of Culture: A Critical Reconstruction
P. Jones (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
This detailed study of Williams unlocks his late sociology of culture. It covers previously overlooked aspects, such as his critique of Birmingham cultural studies, his use of an Adorno-like approach to 'cultural production', his 'social formalist' alternative to structuralism and post-structuralism and his approach to 'the media'. XX, 247 p.
About the Author
PAUL JONES is Senior Lecturer in Sociology at the University of New South Wales, Australia.
- Contributor: P. Jones
- Imprint: Palgrave Macmillan
- ISBN13: 9780230006706
- Number of Pages: 247
- Packaged Dimensions: 140x216mm
- Packaged Weight: 454
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Release Date: 2003-12-19
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: PAUL JONES is Senior Lecturer in Sociology at the University of New South Wales, Australia.