Also available on eBook for £15.99. Click here to purchase from Rakuten Kobo
Bruce Springsteen and Barack Obama may not appear to have much in common on the surface, but these two American heroes and long-time friends share a similar sensibility of country, identity and meaning. In their 2020 podcast, the pair discuss profound topics close to their hearts such as masculinity, race, marriage, community, and their love of America.
Now in a beautifully illustrated book, the friends expand upon their candid conversations with exclusive new material, never-before-seen photographs and compelling personal stories from their lives and careers. Including handwritten lyrics from Bruce Springsteen, annotated speeches from Barack Obama, Renegades: Born in the USA provides an intimate insight into the lives of two men searching for unity, truth and hope in a dream that doesn?t always match their experiences.
- Original introductions by President Obama and Bruce Springsteen
- Exclusive new material from the Renegades podcast recording sessions
- Obama's never-before-seen annotated speeches
- Springsteen's handwritten lyrics for songs spanning his 50-year-long career
- Rare and exclusive photographs from the authors' personal archives
About the Author
- Contributor: Barack Obama, Bruce Springsteen
- Imprint: Viking
- ISBN13: 9780241561249
- Number of Pages: 320
- Packaged Dimensions: 235x280x43mm
- Packaged Weight: 1519
- Format: Hardback
- Publisher: Penguin Books Ltd
- Release Date: 2021-10-26
- Binding: Hardback
- Biography: Barack Obama was the 44th president of the United States, elected in November 2008 and holding office for two terms. He is the author of three New York Times bestselling books, Dreams from My Father, The Audacity of Hope, and A Promised Land, and is the recipient of the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize. He lives in Washington, D.C., with his wife, Michelle. They have two daughters, Malia and Sasha. Bruce Springsteen has been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Songwriters Hall of Fame. He is the recipient of twenty Grammy Awards, an Academy Award, a Tony Award, and a Kennedy Center Honor. He is the author of the New York Times bestseller Born to Run, and he was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2016. He lives in New Jersey with his family.