This book presents an introduction to the representation theory of wreath products of finite groups and harmonic analysis on the corresponding homogeneous spaces. The reader will find a detailed description of the theory of induced representations and Clifford theory, focusing on a general formulation of the little group method. This provides essential tools for the determination of all irreducible representations of wreath products of finite groups. The exposition also includes a detailed harmonic analysis of the finite lamplighter groups, the hyperoctahedral groups, and the wreath product of two symmetric groups. This relies on the generalised Johnson scheme, a new construction of finite Gelfand pairs. The exposition is completely self-contained and accessible to anyone with a basic knowledge of representation theory. Plenty of worked examples and several exercises are provided, making this volume an ideal textbook for graduate students. It also represents a useful reference for more experienced researchers. Worked examples or Exercises; 2 Tables, black and white; 5 Line drawings, unspecified
About the Author
Tullio Ceccherini-Silberstein is a Professor at the Universita del Sannio, Italy. Fabio Scarabotti is a Professor at Sapienza Universita di Roma, Italy. Filippo Tolli is a Professor at Universita Roma Tre, Italy.
- Contributor: Tullio Ceccherini-Silberstein
- Imprint: Cambridge University Press
- ISBN13: 9781107627857
- Number of Pages: 176
- Packaged Dimensions: 152x226x13mm
- Packaged Weight: 240
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Release Date: 2014-01-16
- Series: London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Tullio Ceccherini-Silberstein is a Professor at the Universita del Sannio, Italy. Fabio Scarabotti is a Professor at Sapienza Universita di Roma, Italy. Filippo Tolli is a Professor at Universita Roma Tre, Italy.