Respiratory Care: Patient Assessment and Care Plan Development is included in the 2015 edition of the essential collection of Doody's Core Titles.
For all students and clinicians assessing or caring for patients with cardiopulmonary disorders, Respiratory Care: Patient Assessment and Care Plan Development is a must-have resource. As the most comprehensive reference available, it is a guide to the evaluation of the patient, and the development and implementation of an appropriate, evidence-based, respiratory care plan.
Respiratory Care: Patient Assessment and Care Plan Development describes the purpose of patient assessment and then guides the reader through the process of the reviewing existing data in the medical record, conducting the patient interview, performing the physical assessment, and finally evaluating the diagnostic studies needed and implementing a respiratory care plan.
Bridging the gap between patient assessment and treatment, the reader will learn how to apply assessment skills to the development and implementation of respiratory care plans. Integrated throughout each chapter are Clinical Focus exercises, RC Insights!, and Key Points to help readers refine critical thinking and problem solving skills as well as strongly grasp important concepts.
* Content needed to pass the National Board for Respiratory Care entry level and advanced respiratory care examinations is included throughout
* Critical diagnostic thinking is reviewed and then applied to specific patient situations
* Chapter Objectives, Chapter Outlines, Key Terms, hundreds of full-color illustrations , photos &tables, Boxed Articles, Notes, and Clinical Practice Guidelines are incorporated into each chapter for enhanced student learning
* Clinical Focus: Exercises designed to help refine critical thinking and problem-solving skills serve as mini-case studies which pose questions to readers so they can apply essential concepts to real-world scenarios
* RC Insights!: Interspersed throughout the text, these tips provide the clinician with useful information on patient assessment and management
* Key Points: Listed at the conclusion of each chapter, these recaps summarize important facts and concepts
Instructor Resources: Lecture Outlines in PowerPoint Format, Test Bank, Sample Syllabus, and Image Bank
Student Resources: Each new print copy includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks a complete eBook, Chapter Quizzes, Practice Activities, Animations, Web Links Audio Lecture Slides narrated by the author, Animated Flash Cards, Interactive Glossary, and Additional Interactive Activities