Routledge Philosophy GuideBook to Locke on Government: (Routledge Philosophy GuideBooks)
David Lloyd Thomas (Author)
John Locke is one of the most important figures in the history of political thought. His Second Treatise on Government was one of the most significant political statements of its time and provides the foundations of liberal political thought. His views on the social contract, political obligation, rebellion, revolution and property remain strikingly relevant today. Locke on Government introduces and assesses: * Locke's life and the background to the Second Treatise on Government *The text and ideas of the Second Treatise *The continuing importance of Locke's work to philosophy For student's coming to Locke for the first time, Locke on Government will be an invaluable guide to his political thought.
Also available on eBook for £22.99. Click here to purchase from Rakuten Kobo
About the Author
D.A.Lloyd Thomas is Senior Lecturer in Philosophy at King's College London. He is the author of In Defence of Liberalism (1988).
- Contributor: David Lloyd Thomas
- Imprint: Routledge
- ISBN13: 9780415095334
- Number of Pages: 154
- Packaged Dimensions: 129x198mm
- Packaged Weight: 181
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Release Date: 1995-10-19
- Series: Routledge Philosophy GuideBooks
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: D.A.Lloyd Thomas is Senior Lecturer in Philosophy at King's College London. He is the author of In Defence of Liberalism (1988).