To view sample pages please click on the "Sample Materials and Chapters" link on the left.
Biomedical devices undoubtedly represent one of the most striking examples of the revolutionary developments, in both medicine and technology, in the 21st century. The explosive growth of research, scientific output, industrial market development, and investments in today's global applications of scientific and technological knowledge to health care is staggering, and all indications point to the continued increase in all these developments in the years to come.
Although a significant number of already existing sources try to address the scientificinical/technological aspects of biomedical devices, there is practically no reference that illustrates to researchers the commercial potential of the results of their research. The SAGE Sourcebook of Modern Biomedical Devices: Business Markets in the Global Environment is the first accessible, broadly available source of information that presents and quantifies the commercial success of numerous types of biomedical devices available in the global market.
It is of great importance, for both the research and the business communities, to identify specific biomedical device types, per major therapeutic areas, most commercially successful in today's global economic markets, such as in the biggest market (U.S.), in the Pacific Rim, and in the newly expanded European Union. Currently, such vital information is not available anywhere else, definitely not in a unified source and not in a detailed, well-substantiated, reliable, and easy-to-read form.
- Presents, for the first time in one reference source, unique quantitative data and brief comparative analysis of the commercial performance of more than 180 types of biomedical devices.
- Covers devices from practically all major therapeutic areas of application, such as orthopedic devices, cardiovascular devices, gastrointestinal devices, cancer treatment devices, imaging devices, and spinal implants, as well as emerging markets for cardiac surgery devices.
- Offers global analysis of markets per device per therapeutic area, including North America, Pacific Rim, and the European Community.
- Examines commercial success, market shares, and business potential of the rapidly changing new technologies and the new markets. Thus, this Encyclopedia will be useful as a possible indication of further direction of research, development, and investments in the biomedical device areas globally.
- Reflects the latest changes in the marketplace. The information will be periodically updated.
- Presents data in a concise, clear, and reader-friendly way, with emphasis on graphs, tables, and charts.
The SAGE Sourcebook of Modern Biomedical Devices: Business Markets in the Global Environment is a truly unique resource not only for academic and corporate libraries and working groups but also for researchers and graduate students working in all fields of biomedical devices, in both physical and life sciences, including departments of Engineering, Materials Science, Applied Physics, Chemistry, as well as medical schools and business schools (with the all important emphasis in health care economics). Businesspeople, government organizations, funding agencies, health care providers, and hospital libraries will also find this a welcome addition to their reference collection.
Decision Resources, Inc.
Decision Resources is a firm that specializes in creating reports regarding drug therapies used for cancer and other disease research. These reports are very detailed and are written by medical professionals, peer reviewed over three rounds and then sold to major pharmaceutical firms. Each report costs $20,000. Decision Resources do not in any way consider themselves a publisher although they create valuable content. Therefore, they are eager to partner with an academic reference publisher in order to sell their content in new markets. The SAGE Handbook of Current Therapies and the SAGE Handbook of Emerging Therapies will serve as two very important resources for medical students at any level that are researching the key drug therapies involved with cancer research. Each set will contain four volumes which will include 60 chapters which will cover respectively the current and emerging drug therapies which tie in all important applications to today's pharmaceutical and biotechnical industries. Each chapter is a synthesis of a previously published detailed report on a particular therapy which has been through several rounds of peer review to insure the utmost accuracy and relevance.
Areas covered include:
CARDIOVASCULAR - PERIPHERAL VASCULAR
CARDIOVASCULAR - TRANSCATHETER EMBOLIZATION OCCLUSION
CARDIOVASCULAR - VASCULAR ACCESS
CARDIOVASCULAR - CARDIAC SURGERY
ORTHOPEDICS - TRAUMA IMPLANTS
ORTHOPEDICS - SPINAL IMPLANTS
ORTHOPEDICS - ORTHOPEDIC BIOMATERIALS
ORTHOPEDICS - DENTAL IMPLANTS
ORTHOPEDICS - OTHER ORTHOPEDICS
UROLOGY & GYNECOLOGY DEVICES
HEALTH CARE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY