A boy takes home a seal skull that he finds at the beach. It has dark, empty eyes that stare back at him. Now a storm is brewing and his room is filled with shadows - will he be able to calm the storm? This mysterious story by Anne Curtis is evocatively illustrated by Chris Corner.
* Collins Big Cat Progress builds confidence, helping struggling pupils not only to read, but to love reading
* Dual-banded books provide age-appropriate interest level material matched with a lower reading ability level
* Every book is levelled by reading expert Cliff Moon to ensure precise, systematic, measurable progression to help close the ability gap
* The books use a range of reading strategies: phonic, graphic, syntactic and contextual to build confident, accurate, fluent readers
* Designed to build speaking and listening skills, as well as reading skills, the books are highly visual and include incredible illustrations and photographs
* Every book has a Key Stage 2 look-and-feel to engage older pupils and avoid stigmatisation
* Topics are relevant for children in years 3-6 and connected to the curriculum and framework objectives for these years to support inclusion
* Progress titles contain a Reader Response page to encourage the pupil to respond to and recall what they have read. This offers an ideal opportunity to check comprehension
* Ideas for Reading, written by primary literacy expert Gill Howell are included in the back of every book to help you support the reading needs of each child
* This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.