Self-Control to the Rescue!: Super Powers to Help Kids Through the Tough Stuff in Everyday Life
Lauren Brukner (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
The self-control super hero is back! This time, they've come prepared with simple strategies to tackle the difficult emotions and challenges of everyday life. From the morning routine to making friends at recess, paying attention in class and getting a good night's sleep, this guide will help children stay on track and save the day! Focussing on specific times of the day that present particular challenges, the book uses illustrations and simple language to describe breathing exercises, stretching, and visualization techniques to help children aged 4-7 keep calm and in control. Suitable for all children, but especially those with sensory and emotional regulation difficulties, this is an accessible guide with extra tips and resources for parents, educators or therapists. 44 black and white illustrations
Also available on eBook for £10.09. Click here to purchase from Rakuten Kobo
About the Author
Lauren Brukner is a Senior Occupational Therapist who lives in New York City with her husband and three children. Lauren specializes in sensory integration and self-regulation strategies for children and young people, and their implementation in home, school, and community settings.
- Contributor: Lauren Brukner
- Imprint: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- ISBN13: 9781785927591
- Number of Pages: 112
- Packaged Dimensions: 174x248x12mm
- Packaged Weight: 340
- Format: Hardback
- Publisher: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- Release Date: 2017-06-21
- Binding: Hardback
- Biography: Lauren Brukner is a Senior Occupational Therapist who lives in New York City with her husband and three children. Lauren specializes in sensory integration and self-regulation strategies for children and young people, and their implementation in home, school, and community settings.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.