100 Facts Sharks is bursting with unbelievable images, fun activities and exactly 100 fascinating facts. Children will learn everything they need to know about these fascinating fish.
100 Facts Sharks covers key topics about this varied fish group in simple, exciting numbered facts for kids. Every page is covered in fantastic illustrations and photographs that support a child's understanding of the text. This exciting shark book for kids aged 7+ will amaze and enthral inquisitive minds.
Essential topics covered in 100 Facts Sharks:
- Hunting features that are designed to kill and the mating process
- The world's biggest predatory fish - the great white shark
- Strange shark species such as the goblin shark
Examples of 'I don't believe it' fascinating facts:
- The smallest sharks could lie curled up in your hand. The dwarf lanternshark is just 20 centimetres long!
- The blind shark of Australia can see, but not very well. When it's caught, it closes its eyes so tightly that it appears to have none!
- As the young of the sand tiger shark develop inside their mother, the bigger ones feed on the smaller ones!
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive include:
- Quiz question: How may gills do most sharks have - 5, 10 or 12?
- Make a flying ray using stiff paper, coloured pens, a drinking straw and some modelling clay
- Quiz question: Sharks can be tracked by satellite. True or false?
Author: Steve Parker
Dimensions: 9 X 12
Format: Paperback with holographic foil