Slipcasting: (Ceramics Handbooks)
Sasha Wardell (Author)
In the past, slipcasting was primarily considered an industrial method. Today, however, ceramic artists are adapting its techniques to create a wide range of beautiful and highly individualised pieces. Sasha Wardell clearly explains and demonstrates the techniques involved and shows how they can be adapted for the studio workshop. This book gives the reader a thorough grounding in all aspects of mould making and slipcasting. Examples of the work of an international group of artists are used to illustrate the breadth and versatility of the work that can be created. The images in this second edition have been updated to colour, along with a revised chapter on individual approaches by well-known contemporary artists.
About the Author
Sasha Wardell is a well-known ceramic artist and a fellow of the Craft Potters Association. Her work appears in public and private collections around the world.
- Contributor: Sasha Wardell
- Imprint: Herbert Press Ltd
- ISBN13: 9781912217168
- Number of Pages: 144
- Packaged Dimensions: 156x234mm
- Packaged Weight: 366
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Release Date: 2017-11-30
- Series: Ceramics Handbooks
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Sasha Wardell is a well-known ceramic artist and a fellow of the Craft Potters Association. Her work appears in public and private collections around the world.