So You Want to be a Teacher?: A Guide for Prospective Student Teachers
By: Fred Sedgwick (author)Paperback
Up to 2 WeeksUsually despatched within 2 weeks
If you are interested in a career in teaching but not sure where to start, this book is the perfect guide. Written for anybody considering taking an initial teacher training course, this down-to-earth book is a straightforward and very helpful manual which will take you through all the stages of choosing a course, preparing for training and completing the course itself. It is a comprehensive and supportive guide to help you decide whether teaching is the career for you, and to what you can expect in the job.
- What is a teacher?
- The good news about teaching - working with children
- Routes to qualified teacher status and how to choose the right one for you
- Help with study skills, including essay writing, organisation and record-keeping
- How to survive your teaching placements
- Developing your professionalism
- Coping with the bad news - teacher workload, bureaucracy and stress
- How to get your first job
Written in an engaging and humorous - but above all, supportive - style, the book is essential pre-course reading for prospective student teachers.
Number Of Pages:
- ID: 9781412945080
- Saver Delivery: Yes
- 1st Class Delivery: Yes
- Courier Delivery: Yes
- Store Delivery: Yes
Prices are for internet purchases only. Prices and availability in WHSmith Stores may vary significantly
© Copyright 2013 - 2018 WHSmith and its suppliers.
WHSmith High Street Limited Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom, SN3 3LD, VAT GB238 5548 36