'There are sounds all around you...Which sounds do you like?' This is a simple non-fiction book about the wide variety of sounds we head and how they are made. The text is illustrated with lively photographs of children listening, and making noise!
* Blue/Band 4 books offer longer, repeated patterns with
sequential events and integrated literary and natural language.
* Text type - An information book.
* A pictorial index is included on pages 14 and 15, giving the children a chance to recap and discuss the text.
* Curriculum links - Science: ourselves, sound and hearing.
* This book has been levelled for Reading Recovery.
Julie is a children's author. She was born in Kingston upon Thames in England and moved to Australia with her family when she was just a baby. They lived in Australia for three years before returning to England. As a child Julie loved to read. She always had her nose in a book and NEVER left the house without one. While Julie was at college she worked in shops, pubs and even on a mushroom farm! Julie later became a teacher but left teaching to become a mum and author.