Lessons are designed to consolidate language and act as a springboard for further speaking and writing tasks.
Each unit follows the pattern:
* An introductory lead-in page with learning objectives
* Two main input lessons covering grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation and skills work,
* A functional lesson, which develops useful communication skills and includes strategies for developing speaking and listening skills
* A motivating skills consolidation lesson based on a BBC DVD clip. These act as a springboard for further speaking and writing tasks.
* The unit culminates with a page of Lookback exercises.
Each Students' Book has:
* Ten to 12 units with 90 to 120 hours of teaching material (depending on level)
* Comprehensive Language Bank with detailed explanations and extra practice.
* Photo bank to expand vocabulary.
* Audio and video scripts.
* Refreshed with new visuals and texts, including content from the BBC and other sources.
* A revised vocabulary syllabus with more recycling of language.
* Clear signposting on the page to make teaching and learning easier.
The DVD has:
* BBC clips and interviews, and audio material for use in class.