Special Effects Make-up
Janus Vinther (Author)
Special effects have become an increasingly important part of both film and theatre production. With storylines becoming more sensational and technology more sophisticated, the market for high-quality special effects is huge. In this book Janus Vinther provides step-by-step guidelines for achieving a wide variety of grotesque and outlandish effects, including bullet holes, body fluids and burns. In addition there is a chapter on specialised character make-up, ranging from Dracula to the Terminator. With detailed explanation of techniques and materials and illustrated throughout, this book contains everything you need to know to look your worst.
About the Author
Janus Vinther has worked as a make-up artist for many years. He is an experienced teacher and also runs his own freelance company, SPFX, which provides special effects for horror shows and films.
- Contributor: Janus Vinther
- Imprint: Methuen Drama
- ISBN13: 9780713667479
- Number of Pages: 160
- Packaged Dimensions: 174x232x11mm
- Packaged Weight: 324
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Release Date: 2003-10-31
- Series: Backstage
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Janus Vinther has worked as a make-up artist for many years. He is an experienced teacher and also runs his own freelance company, SPFX, which provides special effects for horror shows and films.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.