This one-of-a-kind text is a comprehensive examination of special populations in the U.S. Healthcare System. Critical topics related to the health of the public including vulnerable populations, continuum of care, paying for healthcare, access to care, and quality of care are thoroughly explored in 10 detailed chapters.
The text explores the following topics:
* Identifying the Vulnerable
* Comparing Vulnerable Groups
* Why Are Some More Vulnerable Than Others?
* Seeking an Effective Care Continuum
* Paying for Health Care
* Accessing Health Care
* Evaluating the Cost of Care
* Monitoring the Quality of Care
* Studying Vulnerable Populations
* Where Do We Go From Here?