Spoken Sibe: Morphology of the Inflected Parts of Speech
Veronika Zikmundova (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
At present, the Sibe language is the only still-active oral variety of Manchu, the language of the indigenous tribe of Manchuria. With some 20,000 to 30,000 speakers it is also the most widely spoken of the Tungusic languages, which are found in both Manchuria and eastern Siberia. In the 1990s, when the oral varieties of Manchu either became extinct or were on the verge of extinction, Sibe survived as a language spoken by all generations of Sibe people in the Chapchal Sibe autonomous county, and by the middle and older generations in virtually all other Sibe settlements of Xinjiang. "Spoken Sibe" is a carefully researched study of this historically and linguistically important language.
About the Author
Veronika Zikmundova is a Czech researcher in Mongolian studies, currently lecturing at the Institute of South and Central Asia, Charles University, Prague.
- Contributor: Veronika Zikmundova
- Imprint: Karolinum,Nakladatelstvi Univerzity Karlovy,Czech Republic
- ISBN13: 9788024621036
- Number of Pages: 231
- Packaged Dimensions: 165x231x13mm
- Packaged Weight: 376
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Karolinum,Nakladatelstvi Univerzity Karlovy,Czech Republic
- Release Date: 2013-07-30
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Veronika Zikmundova is a Czech researcher in Mongolian studies, currently lecturing at the Institute of South and Central Asia, Charles University, Prague.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.