Build your child's reading confidence at home with books at the right level When William Caxton brought the printing press to England in 1475 he changed the lives of thousands of people, putting reading and education within their reach for the first time. When Tim Berners-Lee invented the Internet over five hundred years later, he changed the world all over again. Lime/Band 11 books have longer sentence structures and a greater use of literary language. Text type - A dual biography. Curriculum links - History: 'the lives of significant individuals in the past who have contributed to national and international achievements. Some should be used to compare aspects of life in different periods [for example, ... William Caxton and Tim Berners-Lee]. Place the two lives in context with a visual timeline on pages 22-23.
About the Author
Charlotte Guillain taught English to air traffic controllers and nurses before deciding a career in publishing would endanger fewer lives. Charlotte is a prolific author of children's fiction, non-fiction and picture books.
- Contributor: Charlotte Guillain
- Imprint: Collins
- ISBN13: 9780007591275
- Number of Pages: 32
- Packaged Dimensions: 148x210x2mm
- Packaged Weight: 80
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
- Release Date: 2015-04-08
- Series: Collins Big Cat
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Charlotte Guillain taught English to air traffic controllers and nurses before deciding a career in publishing would endanger fewer lives. Charlotte is a prolific author of children's fiction, non-fiction and picture books.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.