Steam Around Doncaster in the 1960s: (Steam Around ...)
Keith W. Platt (Author)
The 1960s saw the final hurrah of steam on the railways - the final period of steam-powered locomotives dominating the main line. This meant that a colourful array of traffic could be found across the length and breadth of Great Britain, and an army of enthusiasts both young and old dutifully recorded the nation's rail scene. Here, in the first of a new series of book celebrating the steam of 1960s Britain, Keith W. Platt looks back at the fascinating array of traffic that could be found around the railway town of Doncaster. Packed with previously unpublished images, this is a book that will delight anybody with memories of steam around Doncaster or an enthusiasm for the area's railways or history. 180 Illustrations, unspecified
About the Author
Keith W. Platt is a lifelong transport enthusiast who has been documenting the rail and road scenes with his camera since a young age. Now, fifty years on, many of his photos are finding a new life.
- Contributor: Keith W. Platt
- Imprint: Amberley Publishing
- ISBN13: 9781398105461
- Number of Pages: 96
- Packaged Dimensions: 165x234mm
- Packaged Weight: 282
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Amberley Publishing
- Release Date: 2022-03-15
- Series: Steam Around ...
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Keith W. Platt is a lifelong transport enthusiast who has been documenting the rail and road scenes with his camera since a young age. Now, fifty years on, many of his photos are finding a new life.