Challenge and stretch Year 4 pupils with this resource designed to broaden and deepen children's mathematical understanding. This book supports the classroom teacher in delivering structured guidance and support for gifted children who are exceeding age-related expectations in mathematics.
* contains 36 photocopiable newspaper-style issues packed with investigations, problem-solving activities and maths challenges
* specific teacher guidance (and answers) in the accompanying teachers notes for all 36 issues
* all content is within the years programme of study
* evaluate children's learning and identify the next steps for progression with detailed assessment guidance
* encourage children to apply their mathematical knowledge and skills across the curriculum with cross-curricular activities
Peter Clarke has been a mathematics coordinator and deputy headteacher in primary schools in Australia and London. He has also worked as a mathematics advisor and has written many publications on primary mathematics. He also lectures on initial teacher training and postgraduate courses, and runs INSET at schools and conferences.