Secure the key science skills and knowledge students need to succeed in the new KS3 Science curriculum with Pupil Book 2.
* Engage students of all levels in KS3 Science with clearly differentiated material.
* Introduce fundamental ideas in the blue section, develop them in the orange section and extend them in the purple section.
* Embed progression with links to prior learning to help students build on what they already know.
* Put science into context with engaging introductions and illustrations.
* Check understanding with questions on every topic. Questions test understanding of key concepts, processes, applications and evaluation skills.
* Build skills for GCSE Science with longer answer questions.
* Model key ideas and skills in the mastery checklists at the end of topics.
Ed is the series editor for the Collins Key Stage Three Science and has written for or edited over thirty books. He was a teacher for twenty years, twelve of them as team leader, and has worked in Manchester, South Wales and Cornwall. He has worked for Cornwall Council since 2002 as Science consultant and adviser and was seconded to the National Strategies for two years as regional and then senior adviser in London and the South East. Ed runs CPD sessions at various events including the ASE Annual Conference and provides support for classroom teachers of pupils from 5 to 18. He is also involved in development work on the next generation of GCSE courses, an integrated curriculum for primary schools, guidance materials for CLEAPSS and training on the use of iPads in science teaching. Ed lives in Truro with his wife; he likes going to the theatre, photography and walking the coastal footpath. They have three children, who work in the creative industries.